Trying to upgrade Nero with Filehippo

gudda96 10:03 21 Apr 07

Hi Guys

I have been using Nero 5.5 for ages and I have the cd for it. However,I was told of an update by FileHippo and I d/loaded it to install.

During install, I was prompted to use add.remove to remove 5.5 which I did. Then when I started installing 6.6, I was asked for serial number which is not on my disk.

So at the moment, I have no Nero??

johnnyrocker 10:06 21 Apr 07

upgrade from 5 to 6 is not afaik possible only the upgrades from nero site up to latest 5...
why not reinstall 5.5 from cd?
also try click here might help.

johnny.

Simsy 10:07 21 Apr 07

go from version 5 to version 6 as a free upgrade. (I don't think?)

If you had, for example, version 6.0, upgrading to version 6.6 in this way would be OK.

Presuming the install doesn't get any further, just exit/close the installation and re-install version 5.5

I don't expect this to cause problems.

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

gudda96 10:32 21 Apr 07

johnnyrocker/Simsy

Still the fastest response site, thanks guys.

I get the picture, if you have 5....installed, you can do free update to other/higher 5... and the same with 6...

But you cannot go from 5 to 6, have I got that right.

Will do as you say and reinstall from my cd, is there much to gain from 5 to 6 ???

If like me, you update progs when you hear of update, this link may interest you, its the Filehippo Update and you put a s/c on desktop and once opening, it scans your pc, shows what version you have of say Winzip and what update is available. You click on the appropiate arrow, it then updates. click here

Stuartli 10:48 21 Apr 07

You can only update whatever version of Nero you have free - you cannot upgrade free from Nero5 to Nero6 or Nero6 to Nero7.

Your best bet is to check your current version by clicking on About in the Nero main panel; if it's 5 or 5.5, buy one of the OEM versions of Nero6 from BigPockets or Scan for £2 or £3 and then update it free to the latest version at:

click here

or FileHippo.

Stuartli 10:50 21 Apr 07

You may have to update and install one or two of the earlier versions of Nero6 progressively from FileHippo (listed on the right hand side) before being able to reach 6.6.1.15a level.

johnnyrocker 10:53 21 Apr 07

might be an idea to system restore to before the add/remove?

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…