Trying to update my website

jacobjohn7 15:22 PM 15 Apr 09

Hi all,
Please could someone help. I have been looking to update my site, but something strange has happened, nothing has changed since last time I uploaded etc. But now i get this following message, when trying to update/add gif files:
"unable to create remote folder. Access denied. the file may not exist or there could be permission problem"
However text changes upload and take effect as normal... so a problem relating to images.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
John

jacobjohn7 20:14 PM 15 Apr 09

Hi, im using FTP from dreamweaver(design mode), the settings worked before and are the same as before, so cant work out why its just having a problem with image files.
Its that when I put the html file up, that message occurs for any new image change I am introducing. But like I say the files are going up, text changes are there, but images not playing.

Jim Thing 21:38 PM 19 Apr 09

I think fourm member is on the right track. Are your images in a separate folder? And are you sure you're uploading them to that specific folder?

On my ISP's server, my website has a main folder which contains all my .html files. Inside this is a sub-folder (Images) containing all my .jpg and .gif files. Is it possible that you're trying to upload your revised images to your main folder instead of to your Images sub-folder?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 review: Hands on with the £239 OnePlus Two '2016 flagship killer'

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…