Trying to split video files

lothlann 11:30 05 Mar 10

Hi,

I am trying to get all my hard copy disks onto my external HDD. I have quite a few HD files over 4GB but my problem is that I like to watch my files through my PS3. To interface with my PS3 my HDD needs to be FAT32 which unfortunately means that the files cannot be bigger than 4gb.

Therefore I am looking for a way to, easily, split my video files into 2 smaller files?

Any ideas?

Also if I want to convert my other HDD from FAT32 to NTFS using this command prompt method:

click here;en-us;307881

will I lose all my films on there or is it safe to do? I have another HDD I want to be NTFS so I can store the HD files on there but I have no way of moving everything off it first as nothing else is big enough.

I am using Windows 7 64 bit if that helps.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

MAJ 11:49 05 Mar 10

You could try Vidsplitter click here, I have used it in the past, although splitting videos is a rare thing for me to do. On one or two I did notice that after splitting the second part was slightly out of sync. so check that out.

To convert FAT32 to NTFS without losing data,, use the instructions in the link you posted click here But it is always wise to backup your files in case of mishap.

lothlann 13:42 05 Mar 10

Im trying VidSpliiter but it just seems to keep crashing.

Thanks anyway though, I'll see what else I can find.

MAJ 18:13 05 Mar 10

Try running it in compatibility mode, lothlann. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…