Trying to setup email on outlook

ESPplayer7 03:44 09 Jun 05

im at this step in the proccess, "The next step is configuring the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) and Post Office Protocol 3 (POP3) e-mail server names. The POP3 server delivers inbound mail to Outlook, and the SMTP server sends mail. In the E-mail Server Name dialog box, type the POP3 server name and SMTP server name under the correct fields, for example:
pop3.email.msn.com and smtp.email.msn.com
Your ISP can provide these names."

How exactly do i find this information, i use hotmail. Help is appreciated always thanks

boot-it-out 06:42 09 Jun 05

Unless I'm mistaken you can't access your "Hotmail" e-mail via Outlook, only via Hotmail.com

The "POP" & "SMTP" settings are used within outlook to set up the e-mail address you will have been provided with by your Internet Service Provider :

e.g. for Ntlworld the POP setting would be pop.ntlworld.com and the SMTP setting would be smtp.ntlworld.com.

Checkign the Home page of any other Internet Service Provider will usually reveal a link to their settings.

"Boot-It-Out"
click here

rawprawn 07:45 09 Jun 05

I use Tiscali and it is simply pop.tiscali.co.uk. Just try various combinations if you can't find the exact one. EG pop.hotmail.com and smtp.hotmail.com. by the way I think it should all be lower case.

ESPplayer7 07:57 09 Jun 05

i take it back, i just found out that hotmail isnt pop and you have to pay to use it in outlook, is their a way to forward my mail from hotmail to outlook with one of those free mail forwarding programs?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…