Trying to setup email on outlook

ESPplayer7 03:44 09 Jun 05

im at this step in the proccess, "The next step is configuring the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) and Post Office Protocol 3 (POP3) e-mail server names. The POP3 server delivers inbound mail to Outlook, and the SMTP server sends mail. In the E-mail Server Name dialog box, type the POP3 server name and SMTP server name under the correct fields, for example:
pop3.email.msn.com and smtp.email.msn.com
Your ISP can provide these names."

How exactly do i find this information, i use hotmail. Help is appreciated always thanks

boot-it-out 06:42 09 Jun 05

Unless I'm mistaken you can't access your "Hotmail" e-mail via Outlook, only via Hotmail.com

The "POP" & "SMTP" settings are used within outlook to set up the e-mail address you will have been provided with by your Internet Service Provider :

e.g. for Ntlworld the POP setting would be pop.ntlworld.com and the SMTP setting would be smtp.ntlworld.com.

Checkign the Home page of any other Internet Service Provider will usually reveal a link to their settings.

"Boot-It-Out"
click here

rawprawn 07:45 09 Jun 05

I use Tiscali and it is simply pop.tiscali.co.uk. Just try various combinations if you can't find the exact one. EG pop.hotmail.com and smtp.hotmail.com. by the way I think it should all be lower case.

ESPplayer7 07:57 09 Jun 05

i take it back, i just found out that hotmail isnt pop and you have to pay to use it in outlook, is their a way to forward my mail from hotmail to outlook with one of those free mail forwarding programs?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This poetic animation about monsters is illustrated in a Van Gogh painterly style

Apple predictions 2017