Trying to set up network with xp pro

soronoros 18:19 26 Apr 03

I cannot figure out how to set up a network for my children, both on xp pro, I was told its simple as it does it itself??.
I have access to internet they don't. made the floppy as requested but they can't see the other pc, if I disconnect them a message comes up on both saying "connection ? unplugged".
please help a very embarresed & angry father who will soon follow the advert as the pc crashes on the floor.

PSF 18:39 26 Apr 03

How have you connected the two pc's together, have you used a hub/switch,router or crossover cable?

Have you checked that the firewalls are switched off, if not they will block each other.

kentylad 18:41 26 Apr 03

You may have to do a bit of tweaking as I had the same problem as yourself yet sussed it. However, you will have to answer PSF's question first :-)

Nick

PSF 18:56 26 Apr 03

Via e-mai: crossover cable used.

Have you checked that the firewalls are switched off on both pc's.

In your system tray you will have an icon with two monitors in, right click it and click on 'open network connections' then in the new window it will show your network connections, right click and click properties.

In the new window click on the advanced tab and turn off the firewall.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…