Trying to remove FIREFOX ISEARCH toolbar

M7MAK 19:29 30 Dec 04

it is a FIRE FOX ISEARCH toolbar box auto hiding 7 cm long 1 cm high with a open box with SEARCH THE WEB in a mignifine glass icon a arrow down with choices CLEAR HISTORY /TASKBAR ACTIATES/ HIDE SEARCH
it is comletely seperate from the explorer can't shut it down tryed all spy wear removers none get rid of it any ideas

csqwared 19:34 30 Dec 04

Hi - there is a programme called IE-DeBrander which gets rid of toolbars. Can't remember where it comes from but it is a freebie. Do a search for it and try it. Hope that helps

cc

g40 23:05 19 Feb 05

Hi there, I have the same problem, i have tried all sorts of things, next is to switch off restore, then run Ad-Aware, Spybot, ABG scan (full), then restore system restore, keep you posted, its apparently a difficult one to remove. You can find it in C:\\Windows\system32\iscrvs\. Its write protected so no point trying to remove it normally, it seems to download more malware as i now have a couple of trojans that wern't there before, anyway i will tell you if i work out how to get rid of it. Good luck, G

g40 23:07 19 Feb 05

Thanks for the input, but in this case it did not work for me, might for others though, G

Irishman 23:27 19 Feb 05

Hijack This click here will give you a log file of what browser hijackers are running on your computer. You may have to post in one of the Hijack This forums to find out what steps to take.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…