Trying to reload software but DEP stopping me

bumpkin 03 Nov 12
Answered

Hi, I am trying to re-instal Microsoft Office after a recent problem, had to do a new instal of Win XP Pro. I have the Office disk and the product key. When I enter the key I get a message headed DATA EXECUTION PREVENTION not shouting here just trying to explain then says "To help protect your computer windows has closed this program"

kad60 04 Nov 12

because of the reinstall the software may be in conflict with the

DEP,

DEP switch off or change exception

bumpkin 04 Nov 12

Thanks, that seems to have sorted the DEP conflict but now when I enter my license key for Word I get a message "msiexec.exe" has a problem so I can`t instal it.

northumbria61 04 Nov 12

You should be able to do a "repair" via Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs. Instead of uninstall select change

northumbria61 04 Nov 12
  bumpkin 04 Nov 12
Answer

Thanks but it does not show in add remove as I have not been able to instal it yet.

kad60 05 Nov 12

"msiexe.exe" is the installer, i found this ,have a try see if it works. Scroll down to post seven.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message