trying to reinstall scanner

johnnyrocker 16:45 29 Dec 07

i shall try to be as clear as poss, xp pro sp2 and i used to have my xerox scanner in use, however at some stage i decided to uninstall some software which came with it and my scanner disappeared from the pc, it is still in add remove, but when i try to uninstall i get error "unable to open install log" have tried in safe mode with same results as a result i believe i cannot re install from cd
ideas please?

johnny.

anskyber 16:51 29 Dec 07

Try downloading the driver from the xerox site. Alternatively unplug, remove the driver from device Manager then plug back in and let new hardware wizard find it.

Sometimes the software is however need with scanners, they can be odd.

johnnyrocker 17:16 29 Dec 07

the xerox site did not appear to have drivers for my scanner so i used their uninstall tool and will now try a fresh install my thanks for help so far.

johnny

johnnyrocker 17:42 29 Dec 07

well i reinstalled as per cd's and now it can not be found, however i selected update driver from device manager and all ok now, cheers for your help anskyber it was the paperport which include scanner.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced