trying to reinstall google chrome

rubygxx 18:12 PM 01 Nov 13

Hello, i have my sons windows vista pc here to fix for him, they thought it was their mobile broadband that would not connect to the internet but it was the google chrome that was not working, i uninstalled it, cleaned up the computer with malwarebytes, cc cleaner etc, then went to download and install google chrome again, i keep getting this message :- installation failed google chrome installer failed to start, i tried to find help, this repeatedly comes up :- Go to Start > Run 2.In the 'Run' window that appears, enter regedit in the text field and click the OK button. 3.In the 'Registry Editor' window, navigate to HKEYCURRENTUSER\SOFTWARE\Google\Update\Clients. 4.Right-click the directory '{430FD4D0-B729-4F61-AA34-91526481799D}'. 5.Select Delete from the menu that appears. 6.Close the 'Registry Editor' window. 7.Try installing the programme again I have tried this, but get as far as the updates folder in regedit, there is no CLIENTS folder, so i cannot try the rest of this , i am at a loss as to how to get google chrome to install, he can connect via internet explorer but prefers google chrome,any advice welcome , thank you.

jaywoo 18:17 PM 01 Nov 13

Take a look at HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\Google\Update\Clients too. The other key may have been deleted correctly when you uninstalled.

jaywoo 18:19 PM 01 Nov 13

This might help too;

1">[click here

jaywoo 18:19 PM 01 Nov 13

Try again...

Link

rdave13 18:19 PM 01 Nov 13

This might help, Manually uninstall Chrome. Then reboot and try installing again.

rubygxx 21:24 PM 01 Nov 13

Thank you very much, i have been fighting with this for days, going to the HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\Google\Update\Clients and deleting the key in there worked a treat, thanks again.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED