** TRYING TO RE-INSTALL GRAPHICS CARD DRIVER **

Aneal 15:35 24 May 06

Hi,

Hope you can help!

Trying to re-install graphics driver however its going a bit wrong! (I have MS XP Prof.)

I am having to do all of this in Safe Mode.

I have an Intel(R) 82815 Graphics card. I have just uninstalled the graphics card and obviously now need to re-install it.

I went to the intel website and downloaded the driver however when I tried to install it on my computer an error message came up:

"A software error occured. Please report this to Technical Support: Cannot install Intel(R) graphics driver on current graphics device."

I am currently having to write this message on my Pc as I dont have internet via safe mode on the laptop, however I do have a memory stick so I can transfer data etc.

Please Please help - I am doing this for a friend and I dont want to mess it up!

Thanks fotr your time.

Totally-braindead 15:41 24 May 06

What is the make and model of the laptop?
And if you don't mind me asking you stated you deleted the graphics card, why?

Actually thinking about it try system restore first.

Aneal 15:44 24 May 06

Hi,

The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 2500.

I deleted it as I am having a problem with my display - There is a black and blank screen when I get into the desktop.

Totally-braindead 15:45 24 May 06

How many threads have you got going on this Aneal? Please stick to this one its very confusing as after I posted I've just read 2 more.

Aneal 15:46 24 May 06

sorry about that - will ensure I do in the future.

Totally-braindead 15:49 24 May 06

Heres the downloads for the laptop you say you have click here but it states the graphics are the 815EM are you certain this is the laptop you have in front of you?

Aneal 15:52 24 May 06

Yeh the laptop is as stated. Would you recommend me install this driver on the laptop?

Totally-braindead 15:54 24 May 06

If you are unsure download the manual from here click here and compare the specification with what you have.

Totally-braindead 15:55 24 May 06

Yes I would providing you are sure its the 2500, to be honest it can't do any harm, if its the wrong one it'll just fail to install.

Aneal 15:58 24 May 06

Hi, yes I can confirm that this is the laptop. Should I now install and then re-boot to see if the problem is fixed? What is it is the wrong one will I never get a picture again?

ed-0 15:59 24 May 06

In the other thread you said the chipset was " 82815 Graphics Controller "

The drivers from intel were posted there. click here

If by any chance Totally-braindead's drivers don't work. have a try with those.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…