Trying out AVG.

Meshuga 17:46 11 Jul 05

At present I use NAV2005. Before this expires can I install AVG and disable all nav functions. Will this prevent any conflict between the 2 systems. I don`t want to uninstall nav untill I am satisfied wth the one I want to keep. My OS is WINXP sp2.

pj123 17:53 11 Jul 05

Before you do this I would suggest you check out this thread click here

and all the 500 other threads concerning Norton.

I am using AVG and have had no problems with it.

I am not sure whether just disabling Norton is the answer. I think you may have to uninstall everything Norton that you have on your computer.

Meshuga 17:59 11 Jul 05

Thanks pj123, I was afraid that that might be the case. My only reason for changing is that AVG is free. I`ve had no trouble with NAV. I`ll leave this run for a while in case someone comes up with anything. Thanks again.

rawprawn 18:17 11 Jul 05

I would recomend getting rid of NAV, I did about 4 years ago and I have not regretted it. I run AVG and I have no problems. Like pj123 I think you will have to uninstall (and carefully)It took me ages to get rid of Norton, I'm not sure but I think they have an uninstall help page.

VoG II 18:19 11 Jul 05

I agree with the above.

Uninstalling Norton click here

Meshuga 18:41 11 Jul 05

Many thanks to all. One further question, Does AVG check incoming and outgoing emails?

De Marcus 18:43 11 Jul 05

Yes it does

Meshuga 18:52 11 Jul 05

Thank you De Marcus.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…