trying to mae a music cd with adaptec cd creator

SANAP 14:38 25 Jan 05

I had to do a complete re-install of my pc before xmas I am using win98se. Today I have tried 4 times to make a muisc cd using adaptec etc. I followed all the prompts but at the end there is no muisc on CD. I ahve removed all other bits of cd buring software eg nero, incd. The drive is plextor. Just checked last cd and it has all the tracks listed but they are only 1kb in size. I am totally at a loss. This adaptec allows u to drag and drop and then burn. I did finalise cd on each occasion.

Any help greatly appreciated. The only thing different on the pc is a new graphics. I used 2 brands of CR-R, and used different speeds.

sanap

ps I have made cds before with the very same set up.

ACOLYTE 14:48 25 Jan 05

It sounds like you are just making short cuts to the songs not actually copying them.

VideoSentry 15:01 25 Jan 05

What system / OS etc do you have?

SANAP 15:58 25 Jan 05

Its win98se. The easy adaptec allows u to preview the track before burning so I did that and track played. Its such a long time since I burned a cd that I have forgotten all the parameters, the only thing I noticed is that I have not re-registered the product but then if that was the stumbling block it would not go through the whole process. I will have to read all the bumf again. The annoying thing the cd was a gift and I had to do it today!! Computers dont u just love them.

I will post back if I resolve it.

sanap

Storik 17:18 25 Jan 05

It sound very much as if you are making shortcuts, however, do you leave the CD that you are copying the songs from in the CD-ROM? I seem to recall having to swap the CD's/tapes over if I didn't copy the songs to the hard drive first, when using the method you are using. Memory isn't what it was tho'.

Why not use your hard drive to construct your music CD before copying?

Storik

Totally-braindead 17:32 25 Jan 05

Since you say you have to do it today I suggest you go to click here and download the free trial of Nero or have a look on your cover disks as there are copies of free trials on some of the cover disks. You don't mention if the disk you are trying to copy is an original then there may be copy protection on it, in which case this may be why your copies are failing.

SANAP 18:12 25 Jan 05

thanks for replies. I have all the music on the hd and it is mp3, wav etc etc, i am not that bothered. I did download it a long time ago and some of it is from my own cd's. I have made my own cd before but it was about 2 years ago. This easy adaptec is very easy to use, when it worked. U just follow the prompts and create a cd by dragging and dropping. I will have a go later as ur nickname sums me up at the moment. I will have to read the manaul. I have nero, wincd, in cd and this easy stuff and I have clone cd somewhere as well. It is beginning to bug me now as I must be maikng a basic error that is staring me in the face.

sanap

SANAP 18:12 25 Jan 05

thanks for replies. I have all the music on the hd and it is mp3, wav etc etc, i am not that bothered. I did download it a long time ago and some of it is from my own cd's. I have made my own cd before but it was about 2 years ago. This easy adaptec is very easy to use, when it worked. U just follow the prompts and create a cd by dragging and dropping. I will have a go later as ur nickname sums me up at the moment. I will have to read the manaul. I have nero, wincd, in cd and this easy stuff and I have clone cd somewhere as well. It is beginning to bug me now as I must be maikng a basic error that is staring me in the face.

sanap

lester1 22:59 25 Jan 05

sanap

Are you selecting DATA CD when using the wizard to burn MP3 files

SANAP 00:13 26 Jan 05

Thanks for help. Here is the answer, the CD recording package I bought way back in dec 01 was known as roxio easy cd creator 5 platinum etc. As time went by I discovered musicmatch but when my pc crashed I downloaded musicmatch again and this time it included a cd burning facility. Read the instrucions with roxio and basically it is incompatible with all known cd burning software. So I used musicmatch and it worked a treat. Will I ever go back to easy cd, I doubt it becuase when I tried to install it on an xp pro pc it was rejected.

Musicmatch is something else.

sanap

GaT7 00:20 26 Jan 05

Glad you're sorted.

Roxio ECDC will only work with WinXP if it's version 5.5 & above (I think). You can use the version of Adaptec ECDC you have to burn MP3s to CD (in Win98se) but you'll need to choose DATA CD as lester1 rightly pointed out click here.

BTW, the 1Kb file-size is normal. That's how they (an audio/music CD files) will usually appear in Windows Explorer - just try it chaps. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…