trying to install wireless printer

Old Geeza 28 Dec 11

Eveing all, I am trying to install a HP photosmart 5510 as a wireless printer. It has connected with my router and network but my laptop cannot see it. I have checked that the firewall is allowing it and have disabled my anti virus but still not working...I have connected using the usb cable and it prints via that but not wireless, any ideas please

morddwyd 28 Dec 11

It's a couple of months since I used an HP printer, but a peculiarity of HP is that the printer must be connected to the network before, repeat before, trying to install it.

Remove all HP software (you might have to complete this manually), remove all connections (except wireless of course) and then install the printer using the normal install procedures through Control Panel.

You should be able to print once you have done this.

Then install the software to get all the HP bells and whistles.

TonyV 28 Dec 11

morddwyd

My sister is having exactly the same problem as Old Geeza, so I have sent this page to her to have a look at and see if she can get it working. Her problem appears to be acceptance of the Router password. The numbers on the back of the BT Router are not being recognised. She has tried two numbers including the Admin password.

Hopefully, by following your details it will be OK.

Cheers

TonyV

rdave13 28 Dec 11

i AGREE WITH mORWYTH

Lord knows what is going on with the site today but I'm having problems. Any way if this posts then I agree with Morwydd, let Windows install the generic drivers, you need to connect the USB then switch on the printer. Let Windows use the 'found new hardware' wizard and then show that it 'sees' the printer in device manager. Reboot and once logged in install the DVD/CD that came with the printer.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message