Trying to install software for digital camera

machow 20:13 26 Oct 03

I have installation disk for digital camera, and have loaded drivers, software etc....

when i connect the camera via a usb port, i should be able to see this hardware in My Computer as Removable Device(G). However this does not appear in window.

I am trying desperately to copy photos to pc.

has anyone any suggestions???

john-232317 20:18 26 Oct 03

Switch camera on and it should bring program onto screen, if not, try something else in usb port to see if its working.

A_World_Maker 20:52 26 Oct 03

If you are using Windows 2000 or XP, does the 'found new hardware' box show up when you plug in the camera and switch it on? If not, then either the service is switched off, or the device drivers arent loaded correctly.

machow 20:54 26 Oct 03

It has now been coming up with box. However it states USB Device not Recognised. It does show that drivers are not installed, however i have installed these twice now.

AndyJ 20:59 26 Oct 03

Are they the right drivers for the OS? Have you installed the USB driver. What make and model of camera?

A_World_Maker 21:00 26 Oct 03

Have you tried the manufatcurers website for your latest OS compatible drivers? Some only offer non-certified drivers that cause problems. If this proves a void, try the knowledge pages on Microsoft Windows website, there maybe a work round.

alcudia 21:31 26 Oct 03

Just get a card reader, cheap enough and no need to install anything. It will also save a lot of battery power.

DieSse 21:48 26 Oct 03

In XP you don't normally need to oinstall anything. My camera simply plugged in, was recognised, and appeared as a new drive. No software needed - I haven't even put the CDs into the drive.

Same with my 6- type card reader - just plugged in and appeared as multiple drves.

So - try uninstalling all the camera drivers, and then try again without them.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:26 26 Oct 03

Buy a card reader (about £12 from PCW et al) and it will save you loads of problems.

accord 07:36 27 Oct 03

im with the same opinion as the others regarding buying a card reader. its easier to set up (just plug it in) easier to download pictures and you can also use it as means of transfering files from A-B.

machow 11:36 29 Oct 03

gona go with the card reader. seems much simpler solution .

thanks for all your help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…