trying to get rid of-Adware:Win32/Slagent

bloominnusiance 15:55 19 Aug 07

I keep getting a message from Windows Defender telling me ive been infected by this spyware, ive got Adaware, spyware terminator, and A-Squared, nothings moving it. i was told by someone to do something, (not for the faint hearted) but im not puter literate, so im very faint hearted. dont know what to do next, is this going to cost me?
Thanks for any help

DieSse 16:31 19 Aug 07

Try the free NOD32 on-line scan. It's very new, and NOD32 is probably the best Anti- Virus/Malware there is click here

click here
a previous thread
go to this site click here for help and removal instructions

dawntreader 17:28 19 Aug 07

hi ,try prevx,its a free trial,or xoftspyse,
i have both and find they find adware/virus that others dont

Nowl 20:27 19 Aug 07

Trend Micro's says its Sysclean package can remove this automatically for you: click here
If you click on the Overview tab there is a good description of what the pest is and what it does, plus manual removal instructions. Good luck!

--
Nowl

Rich_B 21:16 19 Aug 07

for what it's worth, first thing I would say is you can have too much of a good thing. Spyware aps are like anti-virus applications - you should only have one. You also need to remember that some Spyware applications offer a service in exchange for them passing information back; they are spyware themselves. Pick one and stick with it. I use Spybot Search & Destroy. But I am sure MS Windows Defender is a really good one. Sticl with it and get rid of the others.
As for AV, as DieSse says, NOD 32 is also excellent, but so is AVG and Norton. Install am AV applicaiton, reboot into safe mode and run the AV and Windows Defender as many times as you need to. If they don't get rid of the problem. Note the name of the little ba$..rd and Google it to learn tips from others who had the pleasure.
Good luck
R

SANTOS7 21:21 19 Aug 07

Spyware aps are like anti-virus applications - you should only have one!!! NOT SO..

you can have multiple spy/malware progs on your PC they will certainly find things that the others do not...
spybot
spyware B.
adaware
asquared
stinger

and a couple of others are on my PC and all work happily together...

skidzy 21:25 19 Aug 07

Some advice click here
read through carefully.

SANTOS
maybe im missing something here,can you enlighten me please of spyware B.
Did you mean Spywareterminator ?

SANTOS7 21:30 19 Aug 07

click here

It be this it be.....

skidzy 21:37 19 Aug 07

Doh !!! of course it is,what am i thinking of ha ha.

Ok been a long weekend,good one though Lol.

SANTOS7 21:46 19 Aug 07

sorry bloominnusiance seem to have digressed, habit of ours (me and skidz) if you don't have the prog in the link it is a well worth while addition to safe guarding your PC...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant