Trying to find HSF for AMD Duron 1.6GHz 266FSB

Giggle n' Bits 00:12 09 Apr 04

I have access to shop at click here and am looking for a HSF/Heatsink Fan which will be ok for a AMD duron 1.6GHz CPU erh there all for Athlons but no Durons.

Are HSF's that are for Athlons ok for Durons or is the site I have left a link to don't have em.
If they don't where can I get a Duron 1.6GHz HSF please.

clayton 01:27 09 Apr 04

This will work fine

click here

click here

hugh-265156 01:29 09 Apr 04

if the fan is rated ok for an athlon of the same mhz rating it should be fine with a duron so long as its the same size ie/60mm etc in my opinion.

if also purchasing a heatsink and fan then check it suits your cpu socket specification otherwise it wont fit.

I think most Athlon HSFs will work with the Duron. I just fitted a Duron 1.3Ghz into a Shuttle SN45G a few weeks ago with no problems. The 266Mhz Durons (ie.1600+) are basically the same as the Thoroughbred Athlons with with half the cache. I was considering getting one because they are good overclocking CPUs.

Giggle n' Bits 10:38 09 Apr 04

you... .

Cool eh, Just that I have never done any Duron builds all being Athlons.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…