TRYING TO FIND DRIVER-ETHERNET CARD

trv4n 19:47 29 Sep 07

Hello, first time ever I have put in an ethernet card for wireless router .When i put in the disk with it, it is a dvd and i have cd rom only? Can you download the drivers for it from a web site somewhere? I have tried looking on the web for something similiar but I am not sure what is safe or where to get them from? I have put in a PCI 10/100 ETHERNET CARD (RTL8139DII), Or I guess i will have to buy a cheap dvd. any suggestions, thank you?

Acx 19:57 29 Sep 07

Where did you buy it?
What make?
Which operating system?

trv4n 20:01 29 Sep 07

On the box it says compoint. I bought it locally for £5 but may not be able to go back until next week. I run on windows xp.

brundle 20:09 29 Sep 07

Very common chipset; click here

trv4n 09:44 30 Sep 07

thank you for your response. I downloaded the files.It recognised as new hardware foound and then brought up the 'wizard' boxes but it could not find the drivers. i ran the 'setup.exe'macrovision within the files to see if this woould work and no change as when i put in the Aol wireless set up disk it could not find my ethernet port. Still puzzled, have i done something it wrong?

trv4n 17:07 30 Sep 07

Got back to the shop who said that it did not work with my pc.Will get a refund. Thank you for help. I will have to start another enquiry about dvd writer just installed?//!!!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…