Trying to create partition.

Blackadderthe4th 18:55 10 Feb 10

Using Partition Wizard Home I'm for the first time trying to create a partition. However the software will only let me create one that is about 22 megs large. What am I doing wrong?

woodchip 18:58 10 Feb 10

try right click on my computer, choose manage/disc management look in menu for splitting or creating partitions

canarieslover 19:13 10 Feb 10

Try a really easy to use program like Easeus Partition Master click here. Download and install the Home version, its free. Check how much free space you have on drive before you partition and make partition at least 30% less than free space.

scotty 19:35 10 Feb 10

You can only create a partition or extend a partition if you have first create space for it. Use your software to reduce one of the existing partitions then try creating your new one.

Blackadderthe4th 20:45 10 Feb 10

@canarieslover
Easeus Partition Master looks very similar to Partition Wizard Home. Anyhow the result has been just the same.

@Scotty
I've got more than enough space for the size of partition I want to create.

DieSse 00:12 11 Feb 10

Just to make it clear - you need unused (ie unpartitioned) space, not just space. It also need to be contiguous space (ie all in one chunk). You may already know that - but just in case....

canarieslover 09:09 11 Feb 10

When you say you have free space is that unused space on your C: drive or have you shrunk the C: partition already so that you have unallocated space that you can create your new partition on? You cannot create the new partition on top of he original partition.

Blackadderthe4th 09:35 11 Feb 10

@disse
Ha, I suspect it's not! Although I have just reinstalled. But I had problems re-formatting, so perhaps it wasn't done correctly.

@caranieslover
Unallocated space is ONLY 20 mags! So firstly a reformat is a priority!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple