Trying to change Laptop charger socket - Please help?

buel 07:56 22 Jun 14

Hi,

I have my friends Samsung S3511 laptop as his charger socket is deformed and the charger connector won't sit in the charger socket correctly. He has bought a replacement socket and I am trying to fit it for him.

I am trying to use this video: click here, I have taken out all the screws (I think) and get to 1min 21 sec but, for me, the rear still will not come off.

I have taken the screws out of here:

click here can I ask for a bit of advice as to what to do now?

Thank you in advance (and hope)

However Please

buel 08:22 22 Jun 14

Ok, I now have the rear cover off but can not see how to get at the charger/power socket:

click here

onthelimit1 08:44 22 Jun 14

I don't know about that particular laptop, but from your last pic, looks to me as though you will have to remove the CPU heatsink. That should reveal the socket which looks to be underneath it. You will need some thermal paste to apply before refitting the heatsink.

buel 09:10 22 Jun 14

Ah, thank you, you are right. I have now got to the point where I need to take the soldered charger socket out and solder the new one in. Not something I am going to risk so will take it to a local repairer. Thank you for that.

alanrwood 09:27 22 Jun 14

Buel

If you are located within striking distance of Bradford I can give you the details of a reasonable priced repairer who did my Sony a couple of years ago.

buel 17:39 22 Jun 14

Hi,

Thanks for that but I realised that I bit off more than I can chew and have taken it to my local repairer. He will have to un-solder the current one and solder the new one on. I have taken the rear off so the MB was exposed. He said it will be around £30, is this fair?

john bunyan 17:43 22 Jun 14

buel

I think that is a fair price.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:56 22 Jun 14

especially if he is going to reassemble the laptop :0)

buel 18:15 22 Jun 14

He is not, I am planning to do that. Oo-er.

wiz-king 18:22 22 Jun 14

Don't forget to ask him to check that it works before you stick it all back together.

buel 20:11 22 Jun 14

Thank you. That is one thing that he said he couldn't do being as I am putting it back together.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…