Trying to burn 2nd run of music disc to CD-RW

Redlegs 14:20 13 Jul 08

Hi there !! -- am trying to do a second burn of a commercially made music CD that has only 10 tracks totalling 37.16 minutes , onto the Sony
CD-RW that successfully accepted the initial burn. Thus creating a decent length music CD by playing the tracks twice. I then intended to use that CD-RW as a Master Copy and do several CD-Rs of the anticipated result.
However Nero 6 tells me I need a blank CD-R or
CD-RW to do the second burn.
Checked archival questions and found dialogue from some of your regular helpers about CD-RWs not being too reliable, and that "multisessions " of CD-Rs are a better option.Is that what I should be exploring ? any ideas much appreciated

pj123 14:35 13 Jul 08

I'm not sure that anyone should offer help with this.

It looks to me that what you are trying to do is illegal.

I could understand making one copy for your own use but you say you are going to make several copies.

DieSse 14:45 13 Jul 08

You cannot put two copies of an audio CD onto a single CD.

Audio CDs are nothing like regular data CDs - They're complete in and of themselves, and cannot simply be added to.

You would have to write a single audio CD containing all the tracks twice, in a single creation session.

As long as all this is for your own use, it's not a legal issue.

Redlegs 15:58 13 Jul 08

I'm talking in a whisper cos I believe I might now get a knock on my front door , even tho it is 12.30 am in good old Adelaide. I am a volunteer for an aged care institution , and the many elderly lady clients look forward to my "gifts " of some good old tunes from yesteryear. Guess I should go and buy a few more copies of the original works from my local Woolies store -- after all , they are only two dollars each !!!
Thank you to Pj123 for pointing me back to the straight and narrow !!! ---and to DieSse -- I can see now what I have to do to achieve my goal and to avoid a lengthy spell at Her Majesty's pleasure !!! ( do you think " Redlegs" is a safe
non de plume !!! )cheers, Ne -- , oops ,Redlegs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5