trying to alter start up

merc. 11:51 02 May 04

I am trying to stop 3 programs from running at start up after I use msconfig and deselect the three I want to stop, after rebooting a warning sign comes up you have selected selective startup when I click OK it reboots back into normal startup mode and all the programs are running again what have I got to do to get it to stay in selective mode. Have tried it 4 times and still runs in normal mode. Windows XP

Merc

Diodorus Siculus 11:57 02 May 04

click here

Startup Control Panel is a nifty control panel applet that allows you to easily configure which programs run when your computer starts. It's simple to use and, like all my programs, is very small and won't burden your system. A valuable tool for system administrators!

Startup Control Panel is compatible with all modern versions of Windows, including Windows 95, 98, 98SE, ME, NT 4.0, 2000, and XP.

merc. 12:19 02 May 04

Diodorus Siculus
Have downloaded control panel manager and run it but it only shows one program running which is my nvidia where do i find the rest have click all the tabs nothing there.

Merc

AndySD 12:23 02 May 04

Are you tisking the box at the bottom saying not to show again? If not do so.

merc. 12:27 02 May 04

AndySD

No I did not tick the box not show again as you say, so if I do that can I still change them back if I want to at a later stage

Merc

AndySD 12:28 02 May 04

yes

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…