Trying again with Mandrake 9.1

keith-236785 18:13 12 Apr 04

Hi

a while ago i started a thread asking how to get online via NTL Broadband on Mandrake 9.1 (i didnt manage to solve it then but the modem wasnt even recognised)

Well here i am again trying to set it up. i have installed Mandrake on a dual boot with XP Pro.

installation went ok and linux runs well.

Thing is, i dont know how to set up the internet connection. The usb connection for the modem is recognised but where to go next??????

i am a newbie to linux, have tried once before with Mandrake and quite like it, but not having internet was a problem. Redhat on the other hand found the internet connection without problem (i just dont like redhat as much as mandrake).

Does anyone have step by step instructions (in plain thicko english) please on how to configure mandrake to connect.

if no-one can offer any help then i may have to resort back to redhat.

Thanks in advance
Keith

alan227 18:34 12 Apr 04

Try this.
click here

keith-236785 21:03 12 Apr 04

thanks for that alan227, however my modem is a cable modem connected via USB and doesnt appear in the selestion, so i cant choose my modem.

im off to work now so i will try again tomorrow

powerless 21:09 12 Apr 04

Upgrade to Mandrake 10 with its 2.6 Kernel.

I'm not saying this will solve your problem but 9.1 is old.

keith-236785 06:45 13 Apr 04

^bump^

keith-236785 21:09 14 Apr 04

Just to let everone know, until i get a network card for my pc. i have decided to go back to Redhat.

cant seem to get USB modem set up in Mandrake (probably cos i haven't got a clue with linux).

thanks to all who replied

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…