Tryed tp create new network setting ,

Pandaa 16:43 12 Apr 06

and when i rebbot it come up and wants me to produce windows log on password and it is not what i set it at ,NOW i cant get into the pc and i have taken out the bios bsttery for 20 mins an d repolaced it stiil have to input password ,and the wifes has gone out and it was fine before she went so i have to fix it before she gets back ,now i dobt know how i have done this it ask ed me for my ip providor so i put all that in and rebooted and now its all up s..ts creeek without a paddle ,pleasde if you have any suggestions ,i need then and the mobo is a gigabyte ga686bx-a , i have done google search but it just told me to take out bios and all be fine but it hasnt made a diff rence please help ,urgent if youhave the time please ,thanks Andy

Pandaa 16:45 12 Apr 06

even tryed booting in safe mode still comes up tp put in safe mode

Pandaa 16:46 12 Apr 06

sorry that should be , i have tryed booting in safe mode but the log in screen still comes up !

AndySD 16:46 12 Apr 06

XP Pro or Home?

Pandaa 17:02 12 Apr 06

xp pro sp2 ,cause it updated the service pack on line ,its an old p2 300 ,it has some switches on the mobo next to the bios battery but cant find a manual to explain this i thought i might be some kind of jumper ,but i can find diagrams but no manual to explain this any way i dont care as long as i can get into it shes going to go mad ,and thats the end of that 10 yr marraige ,well its not that bad but not far off ,thanks again

AndySD 17:26 12 Apr 06

When it boots to Safe mode you should be able to use Administrator and the password you put in when you loaded it.

If not a repair installation may be the best option.

Pandaa 17:29 12 Apr 06

no it keeps coming up with a little half quarter window kind of thing and i have put all the passwords int o it and nothin and and in safe mode exactly the same !!! how do i do a repair with a service pack one cd , do i have to reformatt and lose a ll data to reinstall or can the cd repair ,cause i tryed that for my exe problem and it said it couldnt do it because of diffrent spec !

AndySD 17:43 12 Apr 06

Hmm

Do you have a broadband connection? and a cd burner if so you can make an SP2 cd. click here

Pandaa 18:15 12 Apr 06

yeah i do on the pc im on now ,i have an iso image froma computer magazine disc, or is it best just to do it that way it says on the thread ,is there no other way of hacking the pc to remove the log on window?, without losing all my photos and music

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…