tryed to network

pierc113 21:23 10 Dec 04

Hi all, I got a wired network kit and tryed to network my two pc,s anyhow after 3 hours of trying to get it to work I gave up but now my main pc will not disply websites and my email does not receive or send, any ideas I am on dail up, os is XP home, I have tryed going back a day on the restore but made no differance.

pierc113 21:43 10 Dec 04

OK abit more info when I start the PC up my dail up box comes up (which it never did before), I have took the network card out, When I connect to the internet all i get is page cannot be displayed, the email i get 2 errors to check my pop and smpt address which are right.

pierc113 22:43 10 Dec 04

OK Does anyone know how I can stop my dail up connection box from starting When I boot the PC.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 22:47 10 Dec 04

What programs/shortcuts are in your start up folder?

pierc113 22:57 10 Dec 04

JUSCHAD
HPSYSDRV
HKCMD
HPHUPDO5
HPHMONO5
KBD
SGTRAY
RECGUARD
PS2
ALCXMNTR
REMIND_XP
NEROCHECK
REGSHAVE
CM20
CCAPP
SNDMON
IGFXTRAY
MSMSGS
PCHBUTTON
ADOBE GAMMA LOADER
EXIF LAUNCHER
HP DIGITAL IMAGING
MICROSOFT OFFICE

Strawballs 00:20 11 Dec 04

Are you using a crossover lead or a hub as I understand it a router does not work on dial up.
Then go to network wizard in control panel and follow instuctions.

fitcher 15:00 12 Dec 04

why bother get another frog and using the same dial ups plug in to another phone socket extension or downstairs plug

pierc113 15:54 12 Dec 04

OK it was my firewall that stoped me networking two PCs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…