Trust Modem problems

Tatiana 14:06 27 Feb 04

Being a skinflint, I recently upgraded my modem to a cheap Trust 56K V92 (12677-03), with the idea of using the modem on hold facility (I'm with Blueyonder who support this function). I do have call waiting, but the Trust modem doesn't seem to support this function in the UK - their website talks about this function only being available in the US.
I've contacted Trust Customer Care Department - but as yet no response. I'm hoping it's a case of needing the correct driver.
Also be careful if you are considering this modem - if I use the supplied 4-wire cable, all the phones in the house ring constantly. I've had to use the original 2-wire cable from my old modem. And if I plug a phone into the back of the modem, it rings constantly!
It does work as a modem though - but reports an unbelievable connection speed of 115,200bps!
Is it a case of you get what you pay for?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…