True Vector-- What is it?

spuds 18:22 17 Aug 03

A friend and myself have both had problems with True Vector messages/errors sometime or another. Can someone simplify, what True Vector is, or what is the meaning of wording. The answer would help two old duffers in their quest for knowledge.

powerless 18:25 17 Aug 03

It's to do with the Zonealarm the firewall that you have installed ;-)

What messages/errors are you getting?

spuds 18:58 17 Aug 03

Thanks for the quick reply. We have had various message at one time or another. Didn,t have a cure about ZoneAlarm being the culprit. Just been going through some past Helproom articles and jazzypops as given some good information on this matter.

BabyOp 18:58 17 Aug 03

I remember having a problem when using Zone alarm with the True Vector program. The app list kept showing it was using loads of the CPU. When I investigated further and there is a virus ( apparently ) that hits the program so you close it leaving your firewall down and your machine open to attack.

As soon as I moved to broadband I upgraded to Norton Firewall. May be worth checking your machine with some AV software.

spuds 19:01 17 Aug 03

Thanks for that.No problem obout AV, always running and checking.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…