True Type Font Files

CHAIRLEG 00:50 24 Jun 04

I have done a search in control panel,all files and folders there are 215 of these font files i would like to know what they are and should i delete them or are they there for a purpose.They seem to take up a lot of space.Windows XP.Thanks for any help.

howard60 06:17 24 Jun 04

it seems to be all the different typefaces on your pc. Try making a new folder and moving some of the names you do not recognize or use into it and seeing if all is ok without them. If after a week or so all is well you should be able to delete them without any trouble. Be aware that some of the fonts are used by windows itself.

€dstowe 06:30 24 Jun 04

Be very careful about removing fonts. A number of them are necessary for the correct operation of Windows and removing them would be very unwise.

Compared with the capacity of a modern computer, font files do not take up much room and are best left alone.

€d

Pesala 09:37 24 Jun 04

Reveals 3,117 fonts in 202 Mbytes. All the installed one are duplicated, but that's only 469 of them.

CHAIRLEG 11:49 24 Jun 04

Thanks for all your help I'll leave well alone and tick resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…