True Image 9 - Restoring Files & Folders

tammer 11:47 13 May 07

I've recently reinstalled windows but luckily (?) have TI9 and have backed up individual files and folders with photos, docs, and music. There is an original file and an incremental back up.

Having not had the best of luck with TI, Windows etc., I want to be absolutely sure of what I'm doing before I start restoring the files. The back up contains My Docs, Music, Pics etc., My girlfriend's Docs, Music, Pics etc. and Shared Docs, Music and so on. However, after reinstalling, I do not have profiles for shared or [girlfriend] and do not want them.

Is it possible for me to simply append the backed up files and folders to a new folder in My Documents as that's what I'd really want to do?

Or is TI going to try and match the folder names in the back up with the folders now on my laptop - and go wonky?

p.s. I do also have a full image but I'm not using that as I'm happy now I've reinstalled windows and have cleaned off a lot of rubbish from my laptop.

johndrew 12:01 13 May 07

If you read the ATI Help file under recovery it will answer all the above on the subject of restoring your files to any location you choose.

Access to them may be a bit more difficult as you will probably need to take ownership before you can use them.

tammer 13:25 13 May 07

I've read the help and have successfully restored the files and folders so all's well.

Ta for the pointer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now