true image

chippy+ 23:24 05 Jun 07

Hi when making an image of a hard drive with a recovery partition is it better to take the c drive and the recovery partition or just the c drive I have made recovery cd discs from the recovery partition as advised by compag thanks Chippy

Strawballs 00:12 06 Jun 07

To make an image of your C drive you will need something like Acronis or Norton Ghost.

But that is always a good idea.

robgf 00:37 06 Jun 07

As you have sensibly created your recovery CDs, you only need to make an image of your "C" partition.
Then if you should have a disaster, you just restore the "C" partition from your image.
This has the advantage over using the recovery partition (or CDs), that you don't have to reinstall all your updates, programs, etc.
It is a good idea to create a new image on a regular basis. How often depends on how vital your system is, if computing is just a hobby, once a month would probably be often enough, providing that you backup your data regulary.

chippy+ 08:20 06 Jun 07

hi Strawballs, robgf
i have been using true image for 3 years on 3 of my own pc's but the pc i am asking about is my daughters it is a compaq it is the firt time i have had to put an image on a pc with a restore partition i get advice from dealer saying put both partitions on, others saying c drive i have mostly used the advice of forum thanks again Chippy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos