True Colour Display Problems

2003Andy2003 21:54 23 Oct 03

Help yet again anyone out there.

Basically i'm still having problems trying to get the Display at True Colour 24-bit. Installed new hard drive and Installed Windows 98SE but no matter what after searching and installing various Files i just cannot get True Colour on the Monitor. I have Downloaded a massive 10mb file from Ati as whats on the board is a Rage Pro Turbo AGP and installed this file thinking it would work, but no chance.

Any help at all as usual is much appreciated.

Thanks Andy

DAG88 21:57 23 Oct 03

only thing i can think of is that you have downloaded the wrong driver

Jester2K II 22:00 23 Oct 03

What markings / words / numbers are on the card?? Or do you know the exact make and model??

DieSse 22:20 23 Oct 03

You say you can't get it - but you don't say how you tried and what actually happened - this might give a clue as to why.

2003Andy2003 22:43 23 Oct 03

All thats on the Chip is Ati Rage Pro Turbo AGP

Or am i barking up the wrong tree here, maybe i should be looking for the Monitor Drivers instead?. It's an Elonex Model MN024 Monitor with the FCC Id No: JVP 7256I

Also there is Installed a Hercules 3D Prophet Kryo Series Graphics Card for Internet Gaming so could this maybe be part of my problem also?.

Help please.

woodchip 22:45 23 Oct 03

Have a look on your windows disc I think there is a driver on it for your card

Jester2K II 22:47 23 Oct 03

Which graphics card are you ACTUALLY using?

Onboard or the Hercules card??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…