Truck loading software

graham√ 19:46 02 Nov 03

A friend is a driver in the music business. He drives one of those enormous artics that carry the mountain of equipment needed by a touring band. Most of this is in sturdy ?flight cases? of various rectangular dimensions.

At the first loading of a new tour, much time and effort is needed to fit the cases in the trailer, so that there are no large gaps that would allow excessive movement that could cause damage.

This loading sequence is then recorded as a series of rows.

Is there any software that could be used to suggest a good fit? Is it an Excel project?

Stuartli 19:50 02 Nov 03

Now that's what I call a powerful program...:-)

VoG II 19:50 02 Nov 03

click here

One of >50,000 hits on Google!

Stuartli 19:53 02 Nov 03

Seriously, something as simple as a program used for designing kitchen layouts might do.

You could substitute trailer cases for cookers, sinks, cupboards etc., once you have approximate dimensions for the cases themselves.

By using the program in a view from overhead form you could move the cases about until the required layout was obtained.

Then label the real cases as per the program findings.

graham√ 19:54 02 Nov 03

That was quick! I must have been putting the wrong things in google! Thanks VoG, I will study that and other hits.

graham√ 19:55 02 Nov 03

And thanks, Stuartli, I thought of that but couldn't figure how to adapt it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…