Trublesome install of XP Pro

m800afc 03:34 26 Feb 07

I am trying to install XP Pro on my desktop. I get as far as the blue screen with the EULA on it and am required to press f3 = I Agree. When I do this nothing happens. I am unable to procede any further.
My desktop will now not boot the old copy of XP and I am unable to start the computer. I am able to boot from CD to get the XP installation started but it always stops as described above. How can I Load XP Pro?

beeuuem 03:37 26 Feb 07

To accept the EULA you need to press F8.F3 is use to abort the installation.

m800afc 04:19 26 Feb 07

Sorry, I meant to write f8. Neither f3 or f8 do anything, hence the problem

beeuuem 05:01 26 Feb 07

A Google search is not very productive but one suggestion is that, if you are using a wireless keyboard, that the drivers aren't loading. A wired keyboard apparently worked in this case and allowed the installation to complete.
Sorry - can't offer anything better.
Hope that someone can offer more possible solutions when the world wakes up.

m800afc 09:33 26 Feb 07

I can understand the advice about a wireless keyboard, I do have one. Whereas none of the F keys do anything, Esc and Ctrl+Alt+Del do, the former quits installation, the latter boots the XP disc from cd.

Zeppelyn 16:52 26 Feb 07

Try using a wired keyboard, borrow one if need be.

Legolas 18:30 26 Feb 07

Just a shot in the dark do you have a function key on the keyboard maybe you have to press that in conjunction with the F8 KEY although I have only seen such a key on a Laptop, or perhaps the Functions keys are turned off

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…