//some 3rd party need geo

Tru-Brite - proper description?

  *NickS* 16:18 19 Oct 05

On a Toshiba laptop, in reference to the screen, there is a feature of 'Tru-Brite' - it's the sharp glossy type of screen.

What is this called in other manufacturer's ranges?

  woodchip 16:20 19 Oct 05

Wallies, Well that's what they call them abroad

  woodchip 16:21 19 Oct 05

The Word Brite is short for Bright

  woodchip 16:21 19 Oct 05

Tru= True Colour

  *NickS* 16:29 19 Oct 05

Thanks woodchip - but I'm not that daft!!

I realised what it's abbreviated from, but I also beleive that it's their trademark/brand name...

Do I just look for 'True Bright' in the screen description on PC specs., or is there a technical term, or a general abbreviation for this technology - non-tradenamed?


  woodchip 16:37 19 Oct 05

I would say It's like back's of car's just a gimmick, they put TDI for turbo Diesel Injection. Why the I all diesel's are injection

  keef66 17:01 19 Oct 05

Why the D? they are all diesel too.

  Stuartli 18:31 19 Oct 05

No, it could be a Ti petrol engine i.e. turbocharged and injected petrol engine; the D differentiates the two.

  keef66 10:22 20 Oct 05

Good point. The i is redundant either way; all the petrol engines (in the UK anyway)employ fuel injection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…