Trovi.com and Firefox

RISC OS user 12:28 25 May 14
Answered

Since updating to the latest Firefox 29.0.1 I have an annoying URL appearing each time I click the New Tab button, where as before it gave a blank page now it get a "Results by Bing" and a search box, but also the following URL "www.trovi.com/?gd=&ctid=CT3324790&octid=EBORIGINALCTID&ISID=M7F74BA97-5447-42F2-8F45-284FF9029231&SearchSource=69&CUI=&SSPV=&Lay=1&UM=5&UP=SP38CEA5E3-4777-45AC-B5B3-2712604DD69A" I do not want the Bing search page in the New Tab and I do not want the URL or anything connected with it. How do I get rid of both, they do not appear in the Control Panel "Programs and Features". Also what is Trovi.com?

mole1944 13:00 25 May 14

download malwarebyte and update then run it hopefully that should dispose of it,no guarantee. Doing reinstall of a lady lady's lapi and it got onto chrome and no i have no idea how it got there either.

Woolwell 13:17 25 May 14

It's a browser hijacker see trovi com removal. You need to be careful on what you click on when downloading.

RISC OS user 17:26 26 May 14
Answer

Thanks for the information. I have installed AdwCleaner and it appears to work very well, it cleared my problem mentioned above and lots of other items in the registry. However, there seem to be a lot of other programmes which are down loaded at the same time. One if which is picked up by ZoneAlarm as a Virus and it "treated". Other seem to get through, but I think I have removed these manually. For what appears to be a very good programme it is a great pity that other unwanted programmes are packaged with it. Any comments?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now