troublesome Belkin wireless mouse

yousef1979 20:40 31 May 07

I picked up a Belkin wireless keyboard and mouse in Maplin over the weekend. All is well with the keyboard but the mouse keeps freezing up.

The cursor freezes about every 20mins or so and when I look at the mouse, the red light on the underside has gone out. The only way to get it back again is to remove a battery and put it back in. The mouse then works fine for another 20mins or so.

I've tried new batteries, moving the the little receiver unit to another location, re-"connecting" the mouse to the receiver and have even returned the thing to the shop only for the replacement to do the same thing.

The strangest thing is that when left to its own devices, the mouse *never* locks up - it only happens during use.

Any ideas? This is driving me round the twist...

Technotiger 20:44 31 May 07

Hi, sometimes these meeces have a two-channel switch, if yours does, try it on the other channel.
Or do you have any other wireless peripherals, if so might be clashing.

Technotiger 20:46 31 May 07

Another thought - check your Power settings in either the Control Panel or Mouse software settings.

yousef1979 20:52 31 May 07

Thanks for the suggestions.

There's no mention of the mouse having a choice of bands in the documentation and I can't find any switch that might control this, so I don't think that's an option, I'm afraid.

I've checked the power options in COntrol Panel>Mouse>Harware>Properties>Power Management and the first option: "allow the computer to turn this device off to save power" is unticked and greyed out and the second:"allow this device to bring the coputer out of standby" is ticked.

So I'm still at a bit of a loss. But thanks for the advice...

Technotiger 21:05 31 May 07

Could also be a 'hidden' software clash - try running CCleaner in its default opening settings. click here

yousef1979 21:08 31 May 07

Ta for that - I'll give it a go and let you know how I get on...

yousef1979 22:19 31 May 07

Well, that got rid of a lot of junk...

And the mouse seems to be working well too - I'll see how it goes by tomorrow evening and will lock the thread if all seems well.

Many thanks for your help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…