Troubled by 'My Computer' Behavior

Demora 08:56 02 Feb 05

Hi.

Up until last week things on this pc have been fine. Then I had a problem with Creatives playcentre' program for My MP3 player, so I downloaded the latest upgrades and drivers for this and still woulldn't work. SO I uninstalled it all (apart from the Creative Nomad driver Which says it can't find install log file)

BUT thats not the main problem. In My computer, if I left click on 'C' I can access the normal directory BUT right clicking on drive 'C' is something entirely different. The hour glass appears and I'm waiting for ages.

Then the messages 'My computer not responding' so I have to end task. I can't get at the properties.

I can't do a system restore as I had that turned off until after I'd done the uninstalling. Help

TIA

Demora

Sethhaniel 09:05 02 Feb 05

start - run - SFC /Scannow
(note space between SFC & /Scannow)
have your system disc ready in case its asked for.

Demora 09:47 05 Feb 05

Yes did that and as you can see from my other postings. Its all sorted but Thank you.

Graham ® 09:50 05 Feb 05

Other posting?

sattman 09:56 05 Feb 05

I am a bit puzzzled as to the reasoning behind turning off your restore whilst you did the uninstall. A uninstall is most likely the very time that you are most likely to need restore.
I actually do the opposite and create a restore point before I am going to add or remove software. Perhaps you had a specific reason in this instance

Demora 09:58 05 Feb 05

Reinstalled windows undergreat difficulty. Not sure how to put a link to the postings .

Demora 09:59 05 Feb 05
  sattman 10:15 05 Feb 05

Ok, Glad you got it all sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…