trouble viewing cam pic

morecambe 11:32 29 Jun 05

im having trouble viewing my cam vid that i took if i open it on my old pc windows 98 i can watch it no problem but when i click open on new pc xp all i see is lots of letters numbers were screen is after its download from my file hope u can help

recap 11:51 29 Jun 05

It sound like there is no file association with the xp machine. Check that you have the latest version of software to run your cam vid on the XP machine.

morecambe 20:35 05 Jul 05

im still having trouble viewing my cam vid that i took if i open it on my old pc windows 98 i can watch it no problem but when i click open on new pc xp all i see is lots of letters numbers were screen is after its download from my file hope u can help both PCs have same cam updates

recap 10:09 06 Jul 05

Have you checked to make sure your anti-virus software is not blocking it?

jack 10:47 06 Jul 05

What Program are you using to view these images?
There is great deal of incmpatabilty between older programs for 98[DOS]and XP[NTFS] systems.
With the program file in XP right click the icon and look at the 'Compatability' tab- set it to 'Run as '98]

jack 10:54 06 Jul 05

Earlier this year I was on a cruise holiday where we were supplied with a DVD of the trip.
Much of it libary files of the ship and its workings with added content of that particular trip.
In addition I took many digital images. Some of them I have made into slide shows.

What I would like to do now if at all possible is to disassembe the Ship DVD and add some of my images
Thus 'Personalizing' it.
I am currently going through my stock of cover discs, and utilities for rip programs

If you have experience on doing this sort if thing I'd like to hear from you.
J

Stuartli 12:00 06 Jul 05

You really need to post this as a proper thread in the HelpRoom - it's completely anonymous contained within a thread which has little to do with your problem...:-)

lotvic 00:00 07 Jul 05

you seem to be hiJACKing morecambe's thread !

couldn't resist :)

jack 14:32 07 Jul 05

Sorry all I entered this as a new post - but somehow it woundup here -'bout same time as the outage- so it was me wot did it or woz it them?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…