Trouble with Thomson modem

bjmack 17:50 04 Dec 09

Hi
I have a Thomson wireless modem that I tried to set up about 3 months ago and gave up, but I had got to the username and password section on the Thomson website.
Since then I have not had time to go back and finish the installation, but in the mean time I have loss my password and username to log onto the site. Is there a way I can wipe the old ones and get new ones, I have been to the Thomson web site and it does not have anywhere to contact them with this problem, hence my trying to get help here. Otherwise it looks like I have a modem which I will not be able to use.
Thanks very much for any help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:14 04 Dec 09

Have you set username and password in the modem?

you can reset the modem to default settings model number will be useful for finding exactly how to rest its usually just a small pus button.

bjmack 18:17 04 Dec 09

Yes I have set the ones in the modem, but it is the ones that sign you into the Thomson website that I have lost, which is why it is difficult, they are I think beyond my control.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:18 04 Dec 09

So why do you need the one on the thomson site?

bjmack 18:22 04 Dec 09

Because it is asking me for them to get onto the Thomson web site and authenticate the modem.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:29 04 Dec 09

Thomson model number?

bjmack 19:14 04 Dec 09

It is a TG585

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:30 04 Dec 09

I'm not sure why you have to authenticate with Thompson?

You should be able to use this modem straight out of the box.

bjmack 19:32 04 Dec 09

neither am I, my head has given up on it for now, will have to come back to it and try and think of something else, maybe a different modem. Thanks anyway for your help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:55 04 Dec 09

Why do you think you cannot use the modem are you not getting a connection when yo attach to your PC?

Sea Urchin 22:20 04 Dec 09

Thomson TG585 set up instructions

click here

If you set the appropriate username and password into the modem then it will enable you to connect to the Internet - no authentication needed from anybody.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now