Trouble starting new itunes

fazza8 14:43 27 Mar 08

I have just bought an Ipod nano and I uninstalled the old version of itunes that my kids had put on. I went to the Apple site and downloaded the latest itunes. Everything seemed to install OK but when I tried to start itunes I got one of those "referenced memory" messages and it crashed. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but same result. I am a bit stuck now.

MAJ 14:52 27 Mar 08

I don't use iTunes, but Apple have instructions for uninstalling it properly and completely. click here

fazza8 18:47 27 Mar 08

Thanks for that. What do you use if I might ask? (Hate iTunes!)

MAJ 20:56 27 Mar 08

I don't have an iPod, so I don't need iTunes, fazza8, I don't have an MP3 player so I don't transfer a lot of songs. If I want to rip songs and burn them to CD for use in the car, I use Windows Media player (or any of the free rippers around) and Nero. No hassle involved, bash, bash, bosh, job done.

fazza8 21:30 27 Mar 08

OK Fair enough. I use them too for the same purpose but got an ipod as a present so need to get up to speed with it. I've helped my kids from time to time and it seems restrictive and clunky. Thanks for your help it is much appreciated.

MAJ 21:56 27 Mar 08

Happy to help, fazza8, sorry I can't advise on your iPod (nice present by the way), but I'm sure you'll have it mastered in no time.

CurlyWhirly 07:45 28 Mar 08

I've been using iTunes for ages and haven't had any problems.

When an upgrade is available there is a notification within iTunes itself.

I have never uninstalled the old version and I think this is the problem as you have to have the old version active whilst downloading the new version!

^wave^ 08:23 28 Mar 08

go here click here
thet lots of tutorials and help forums

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5