Trouble with Skype phone

brambles 11:35 08 Feb 07

The problem I have is that my VOIP Skype phone doesn't appear to load. Consequently when I access Skype/Options/Sound devices the only items shown are (a)Windows default devices (b) Santa Cruz - my sound card system.
I've reinstalled the Skype phone software but still no joy. Any recommendations please?

Brambles

Diodorus Siculus 11:50 08 Feb 07

Is it connected via USB? If so, can you try a different USB port?

brambles 12:14 08 Feb 07

Diodorus Siculus: hank you for your quick response - yes I have tried other USB ports. After your response I tried an alternative on my main hub and to begin with it did show the VOIP phone as a device. As soon as I tried to make the Skype Test call there was an alarm sound of some sort & when I looked again in the Options there were again only two. Perhaps the phone itself is the problem?

Brambles

Miros 14:01 08 Feb 07

I have a Yamamoto USB Voip phone and to use it I had download a driver for it, if this is your problem? go to the manufacturers web sit to download one.

brambles 15:13 08 Feb 07

Miros Thanks for your recommendation - have tried this. The problem is that the fault is spasmodic and not consistent.

Brambles

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…