Trouble with .PDF on website

Sethhaniel 09:17 05 Aug 04

Created from pagemaker 7 through acrobat distiller and open fine on computer - but upload to website (geocities) and some of them fail coming up with invalid header -
any thoughts

Sethhaniel 10:16 05 Aug 04

click here 1st couple of pdf files OK others come up wrong header? and last of six totally different message

Sethhaniel 14:01 05 Aug 04

actual size on web look bigger than actual size
some seam to open but next time accessed have 'file does not begin with %PDF '
number 3 ,4 ,5 open OK the last one gets a 'server dropped or similar message'
- I agree page needs worked on - but at time was just a rush to get it out in time for magzine release -Make it my next project

Forum Editor 23:20 05 Aug 04

to exclude upper case letters from your filenames. I suggest you rename all your pdf files using lowercase.

Sethhaniel 08:13 06 Aug 04

later today

mr vaughanige 12:37 06 Aug 04

Try pdf995. It's free for creating anything as as pdf docs. All mine work on both the Internet and Intranet. They are also smaller files than Adobe creates.

Sethhaniel 12:46 06 Aug 04

use to use pdf995 and also another freebee that placed its ads link on each page - with not much success -
Adobe has whittled the original sizes down - just been through and saved all and the results are smaller by half than previous pdf's - with using Adobe Pagemaker 7 it makes sense to use Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Distiller ;)
I think the problem lies with Geocites and its limited acces times.

Sethhaniel 13:25 08 Aug 04

to small case -
a friend was able to open the file that I could not - before I made the change -can firewalls etc effect the opening of large 500+ kb pdf files

Forum Editor 15:38 08 Aug 04

with the exception of this6.pdf and that produces a Yahoo 'page not found' error - indicating that the file isn't where the hyperlink says it is.

Sethhaniel 08:35 09 Aug 04

Funnily one of the only files my friend could open was this6.pdf -
I think there is something to do with quota time on Geocities and once exceeded even if only a few large files time out occurs -

I will redo this6.pdf with smaller graphics to reduce size - it was originally high quality for the printer - then exchange this onto web
;)

Sethhaniel 09:37 10 Aug 04

Clicked on this6.pdf first and it opened straight up as did each other till reached this1 which the site refused as quota had been reached -

I have rejigged the original Pagemaker file replacing all graphics with lower resolution images and pagemaker file is now 5mb smaller than original but on producing PDF the Pdf file is twice the size of original ???
-
Option is to save as printer rather than acrobat which makes a smaller file - but ran out of time - and portait instead of landscape - (have to set printer first) but even that was 200kb larger - will persevere ;)

But at least it's working to the sites limitations at present ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…