Trouble with NTL email system.

octal 20:37 10 Dec 05

Hi folks,

I have had problems receiving emails from certain ISP's e.g. Hotmail and more worrying American Express for a couple of months now. I was wondering if PCA is also being blocked.
If someone answers this thread I should receive an email which will test it for me.

I have tried speaking to NTL, but to be honest I think I know more than what they do.

If it is being blocked I'll have to give PCA another email address.

VoG II 20:38 10 Dec 05

Test.

octal 20:39 10 Dec 05

Do you have any idea how long the response should take to come through?

VoG II 20:42 10 Dec 05

Usually within a couple of minutes.

octal 20:44 10 Dec 05

Oooops, I have already changed it to Lycos. NTL are driving me around the bend because I'm trying to locate who has my NTL address and I'm trying to get them to change to another one, I forgot I had changed PCA to Lycos, must be a senior moment!

octal 20:44 10 Dec 05

Yes I have received your response on Lycos thanks.

BRYNIT 21:07 10 Dec 05

I am with NTL and have sent myself a test message it took less than 30 seconds to arrive.

NTL have a spam blocker this could be deleting certain e-mails as spam if it is set to del spam immediately.

Try logging into your E-mail account from the NTL home page go to options/spam and sellect forward to your inbox without filtering or forward to your inbox labelled as spam.

octal 21:21 10 Dec 05

I already have. Thanks.

octal 21:23 10 Dec 05

As a matter of interest, do you have a Hotmail account? If you do, try sending yourself an email from Hotmail and see if it arrives or is returned to Hotmail undelivered.

polo 21:32 10 Dec 05

For months I had every NTL email returned. I'm on hotmail. But these last few weeks they seem to be getting through again.

octal 21:40 10 Dec 05

This is what I get, note the time this morning at the bottom and the time I received this. The next email will be returned.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sent : 10 December 2005 21:24:23
To : xxxxx @ hotmail.com
Subject : Delivery Status Notification (Delay)

| | |
Inbox

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.

paul.xxxxxx @ ntlworld.com

To: paul.xxxxxx @ ntlworld.com
Subject: Test
Sent: 10 December 2005 08:46:20

Test
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
polo,
As yours are getting through I'm wondering if blocks of IP address are being blocked, because hotmail.co.uk emails are getting through.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…