Trouble with Mozilla Thunderbird

Glen 20:04 24 Aug 05

I have been having trouble sending, but not receiving. On opening the program the Dial-Up connection appears. If I cancel it to compose an email, I cannot get the dial-up back or find a ‘Send’ command. There does not seem to be an ‘Out box’ to put the message in, and it ends up in ‘Drafts’, from which it cannot be sent.
The alternative seems to be to remember not to cancel the dial-up, and go directly to the ‘Write’ button (which minimises the dial-up) and send one email only. The ‘Send’ button at the bottom of the spell check page does not open up the dial-up or make a connection. I want to compose 2 or 3 messages off-line, and send them later. Can you help me?

Glen

Diodorus Siculus 22:13 24 Aug 05

Tell it not to check mail at start up:

tools

accounts

server settings

Glen 20:29 25 Aug 05

Thanks for above response but I can still not get the dial-up except when the program is first opened. This means I can only send one message at a time.Once the dial-up is lost the only way to get it back is to close and re-open the program. Very frustrating. I do not want to go back to O.E.
Glen

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…