trouble with internet

ali888 02:15 26 Apr 06

Hi,

I need help with my network here.

I have a broadband modem router connecting to the internet. And i also have a few IP addresses i bought from my ISP.

There is one PC used as a web server hooked up to the modem with IP address of e.g. 201.20.20.162. And i also have a couple of PCs hooked up to the modem via a router with different IP address of 201.20.20.163. Everything works fine so far.

What's happening is that i notice that i can't get to the internet at all on the web server PC after a few hours later. When this happen, i tried the other PC that's connected to the other router and the internet was working perfectly.
What i did to get the internet working again was to either re-boot the computer or re-enabling the network connection via control panel.

My broadband modem router has IP address of 201.20.20.161 as a gateway. I have ethereal software running on my web server PC. From the result of ethereal, i noticed that there is only a few ARP packets. it was asking who has 201.20.20.161 but there is no response from the modem router.

Does anyone know what may be causing this? I suspect the network card but am keen to hear from the expert like you guys.

Thank you in advance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…