Trouble installing Norton Internet security 2005

pmcquarrie 23:04 03 Oct 05

I recently bought Norton internet security 2005 but had difficulty removing the trial version of McAfee software on my PC. I removed all McAfee programs but McAfee security centre did not appear on the list so i couldn't remove it. I was told to to remove it manually from the list of startup programs and did so.

When I installed The Norton security software an error message appeared. The help link told me to delete audit in progress from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\microsoft\windows\cureentversion but this does not appear on the list.

I am also unable to access the internet using internet explorer. I am prompted to select setting but only given one choice...use custom settings. When i do this the prompt reappears continuously and internet explorer cannot find the server.

Please help.

pip22 10:13 04 Oct 05

The Norton instruction to delete audit in progress from:"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\microsoft\windows\cureentversion"
refers to an entry in the Windows Registry. Start-Run - type REGEDIT and press enter. navigate to the correct folder in the left-hand pane.

pmcquarrie 16:44 04 Oct 05

The folder does not appear in the window.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…