trouble with ie5

poppy04 08:10 20 Jan 04

im having trouble with ie 5 its always telling me its its performed and illegal operation and needs to close now this is annoying when im studying and dont know why it does it anyone help me with this please i have to click the box as well to say close then everything disappears

poppy

MichelleC 08:28 20 Jan 04

Try the Internet Explorer repair tool. Click Start, run, type

[for IE 5]
rundll32 setupwbv,IE5Maintenance "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Setup\SETUP.EXE" /g "C:\WINDOWS\IE Uninstall Log.Txt"
or

[for IE6]
rundll32 setupwbv,IE6Maintenance "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Setup\SETUP.EXE" /g "C:\WINDOWS\IE Uninstall Log.Txt"

and press Enter, then choose the Repair option. Note that IE5Maintenance or IE6Maintenance must be entered exactly as shown (the command is case-sensitive).

Stuartli 08:48 20 Jan 04

If you go to Control Panel>Add/Remove programs and double click on IE you will get a choice of three steps to take, including Repair.

However, this doesn't always cure any problems and you would be far better off installing the very latest version of IE6 you can find over IE5 - configuration etc will be retained and security will be much improved. Don't forget to check for any updates on a regular basis once it's installed.

poppy04 11:00 20 Jan 04

ok guys thanks for that

poppy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…