Trouble Getting Wireless Internet Connection

schmollies 19:36 PM 11 Feb 13

Hi, More often than not, when I turn on my computer it does not connect automatically. I open the troubleshooter & it may solve the problem but most times get a message "wired network connection" doesn't have a valid IP configuration. I keep trying via the troubleshooter & eventually will connect (tonight it took about 25 minutes!)

Any ideas to resolve? A faulty BT line, faulty router (I do restart the router but does not help). Thanks Ray

Nontek 19:40 PM 11 Feb 13

Have you asked BT to check your line? It does not cost anything.

schmollies 19:45 PM 11 Feb 13

Hi Nontek, Will do.

schmollies 19:45 PM 11 Feb 13

Hi Nontek, Will do.

xox101 19:47 PM 11 Feb 13

Is your PC set to a static address? Are there any other devices using your router that are set to static ip's?

Flush the DNS cache on your PC. Open a command prompt preferably from the Programs menu, right click and select "Run as Admin" and type

"ipconfig /flushdns" without the quotes.

Open Network Connections/Network and Sharing Center and then Adapter settings and check the IP settings for your ethernet card.

As a last resort set the router back to factory settings but make sure you have all the relevant information (username/password etc) before doing so.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification: OP2 confirmed in VR product launch - full OnePlus…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things