Trouble getting on a web site

Dirty Dick 10:44 18 Aug 04

I've been looking recently at a web site which is run by fire-fighters in the uk. I've tried to connect to it over the last couple of days, via both my desktop PC and my laptop, but on each occasion the message comes up that the page cannot be displayed. Is there antway I can check if the site is still operating or whether I have a problem at my end. I can connect with my e-mail server and to other web pages without any problems. thw web site I am trying to connect to is :-
click here

Thanks

MAJ 10:54 18 Aug 04

Is this click here the site you're looking for, Dirty Dick?

Dirty Dick 10:58 18 Aug 04

no, thats not the web site I'm trying get on. Its this one:-

click here

MAJ 11:09 18 Aug 04

Either the server for that site isn't working at the moment or the site doesn't exist, Dirty Dick.

Dirty Dick 11:12 18 Aug 04

Site DID exist, must be there server. Its been driving me barmy. Thanks for your help

MAJ 11:19 18 Aug 04

Probably their sever then, Dirty Dick, as you say. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. They'll probably have it sorted in a day or so.

Stuartli 14:12 18 Aug 04

It must be their server and/or maintenance work - the page starts to load up then goes down as you state.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…