Trouble with Geforce 7300gs pci-express gpx card

gavfoley 19:45 15 Nov 08

Hi,

Hoping somebody can help. im trying to install the following graphics card (Geforce 7300 gs, 256mb ddr2 , pci express). Now ive fixed it in place no problem. But when i go to boot pc neither my onboard graphics or new card wil power my monitor. when i take it out my on board graphics kicks back in.

Heres some details of my pc

2.20 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64
Board: Winfast 761GXK8MB
Serial Number: WY1L60300663
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 10/27/2005
SiS Mirage Graphics (Microsoft Corporation - XDDM) [Display adapter]
Generic PnP Monitor (15.4"vis, May 2006)
Vista
500w power supply

Anybody could help that would be brilliant

skidzy 20:09 15 Nov 08

Boot into the bios and disable onboard graphics,though this should happen by default once the pcie card is inserted.

gavfoley 20:19 15 Nov 08

i looked for that option but cudnt find it.

can i re-enable the on board graphics if needed.

thanks for yr reply

mrwoowoo 20:44 15 Nov 08

I know this sounds silly,but it has happened before.
Have you remembered to plug your monitor into the graphics card as opposed to it's original position in the mother board?

gavfoley 20:48 15 Nov 08

yep, ive even left the cover off to make sure power was getting to the gox card and the fan was working so im really puzzeled. am i supposed to install my drivers before i fit the card.

thanks for help

skidzy 20:54 15 Nov 08

It will enable automatically once the pcie card is removed.At worse case scenario,you can reset the bios.
Good point from mrwoowoo...and easily done.

gavfoley 20:58 15 Nov 08

thanks skidz, but ive checked my bios and there is no option to disable onboard graphics. only option i have is to increase memory from my ram into my onboard graphics.

im really stuck lol but i liek challanges. i was thinking of going through device manager and diabling through that way

gavfoley 21:20 15 Nov 08

any clues

gavfoley 21:58 15 Nov 08

??

gavfoley 23:22 15 Nov 08

ok, went to system bios and changed a setting where my system checks my pci-express first and im still getting no responce. my monitor stil says no input. could it be the graphics card. i meet al the specs as well

MCE2K5 00:13 16 Nov 08

"i meet al the specs as well": Yes, But, Is the Graphics Card Compatable with your Motherboard.

I checked the Foxxcon website and the card was not Listed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…