Trouble with envelopes using MS Access database

valbv 23:06 13 Dec 08

I Use Windows XP Home edition. I have created a database of addresses in MS Access (part of Miscrosoft Office 97 Profession Edition).
I want to print the addresses on envelopes. I cannot find a reference to envelopes, and the only option that seems to suit is Labels under Reports. I have set the fields correctly and can produce the address as required on page setting C6 size.
However when I open this Report file, each address is followed by nine blanks. I.E. using the indicator/selector at the foot of the screen the first one appears on number 1, and the next address appears on number 10, the next on number 19 and so on. I can use this and set the printer range to just print the page but it is long winded. The 50+ addresses produce about 400 pages if I select print all. A Long time ago I used to be able to find and use Mail Merge but I have forgotten where I found it and how I did it. Can anyone help me please.

Sea Urchin 23:14 13 Dec 08

You need to merge your database with a Word document - go to Tools/Envelopes/Mail Merge and follow wizard

valbv 10:47 14 Dec 08

Many thanks Sea Urchin for your prompt reply. Have now sorted it though I found that it required me to use Word from the '97' disc. It didn't like Word in MS Works.

Sea Urchin 13:39 14 Dec 08

Glad to hear it is sorted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009